[fpc-devel] Free Pascal 2.6.0 released!

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 11:43:01 CET 2012

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Jeff Duntemann<jeff at duntemann.com>  wrote:
>> Bravo! My only question is: Are there any particular issues with respect to
>> using 2.6.0 with Lazarus?
> For desktop platforms I don't know any issues. It works just as good as 2.4

I just found one small issue: if you use Lazarus to compile
graphic applications, it will pass -WG option to FPC, on all platforms.
However FPC 2.6.0 rejects this option ("Error: Illegal parameter: -WG")
on platforms where it's not sensible (like Linux). Bottom line: you
can't "graphic applications" from Lazarus (including lazbuild)
using FPC 2.6.0 on Linux.

This is of course fixed in Lazarus SVN by Mattias already :) See
revisions 31125 and 31127
). To workaround, you may need to backport these changes for Lazarus (or just switch to Lazarus SVN, which was my solution :).